While remaining completely respectful and supportive of the public health initiatives in place right now, the WhiteBox Marketing team knows that marketing and business must go on. And in this season of social distancing, digital marketing can help keep your brand closer than ever to the right people. The great thing about having a marketing partner who really knows you, is that we can quickly adapt our know-how to fit your current needs.
You know why it’s important—to keep your brand top of mind for both your current clients and prospective ones. And the way to reach people right now is digitally. With all of the additional screen time from working and schooling from home, staying entertained from home, and staying connected to friends and family via social media, it’s important to let them know that you’re here for them too.
The strategy behind marketing during a time like this varies with the client’s individual objectives, or a mixture of the following:
- COMMUNICATION—sending the message you want people to know right now, checking in, and sharing what you’re currently doing.
- ENGAGEMENT—staying connected to your audiences, and maybe giving back during a time like this is something people will remember on a personal level. Staying connected now will make an impact.
- SALES & BRAND AWARENESS—if you’re able to sell online or do business virtually, now is an opportune time both for you and your customers, as long as they know about what you offer.
- KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING—like most businesses, you’ve probably already invested some dollars and time into various marketing strategies, and it’s both crucial and smart to keep that momentum going. Leverage your investment now to increase your brand awareness for the future.
So in what ways can you maximize your marketing during this time? Here are 4 to-dos worth looking into:
- Increase Social Media Activity
From feel-good content to call-to-action campaigns, social media is a great place to meet your audience where they’re at. People are spending plenty of time on social media, and because of this it will be important to keep your brand in front of them. Consider implementing ads focused on performance/conversion. Grow your following by sharing relevant content. Find a way to use your business to give back to your community somehow, sharing your good deeds via —it all helps build your brand.
- Put Email Marketing To Work
With the bulk of communication being conducted online, email is a great way to keep in contact with your current, and even potential, customers. But given the situation, don’t focus on the negative. People will already have email fatigue from receiving so many of these kinds of communications, so their patience and their attention span will be limited. Be sure to use clear, precise language and easy-to-scan formatting – for example, bullet points and headers that highlight key information. And be clear about what you want them to do.
- Drive Targeted Traffic to Your Website
With more people at home in front of their screens, grab their focus with Pay Per Click (. PPC marketing is a type of online marketing done through platforms like Google Ads and Facebook, where you only pay when a user clicks through to your desired landing page. It’s a way of ushering traffic to your website to support your main initiative(such as buying a product or service that people are searching for).
- Optimize How You Rank in Search Results
Now is the time to review what search engine optimization (SEO) practices might work best for your business. While we’ve all reduced our travel and are staying close to home, we haven’t stopped researching our next outing, our next purchase, or our next business need. And that all starts by searching online. With the right SEO strategies in place, you can capture the attention of the exact person you’re looking to connect with. Providing the solution, and appearing before them through a simple Google search, will help your business come out on top during this time of need.
We’re here to help—let WhiteBox Marketing know if we can help maximize your marketing with a strategy built just for you. Remember to stay positive, think creatively, and find the silver lining. We are all in this together.